Last weekend Emerald Bay hosted its – once every few years – Arborist event. Two hundred and fifty scientists, arborists, Scouts, and families shared in a one-day tree care and education opportunity that supports the Camp’s need for long-term care, replacement, and maintenance.
- Scouts earn the Forestry Merit Badge
- Dangerous trees get pruned or removed
- Fire wood is produced that should last several years
- Planted trees are cleared of weeds, mulched, and grow tubes replaced with shade cloth
Please enjoy a few images of the weekend which cannot do the event justice.
– Lee Harrison, Chief Operating Officer, WLACC